miércoles, 21 de marzo de 2018

Dream Journal: explanation.

Dreams have always been interesting for me, especially since 2010 more or less when I got interested in "Lucid dreams", which I never experienced, by the way. I read a lot of different websites about that topic, and in many of them, they gave pieces of advice to reach the extremely-wanted-by-me lucid dream. One of those recommendations was to keep a dream journal, which could be a little hard sometimes. It takes a lot of constancy, and actually, you have to develop the habit to do it right. The thing is that you have to start writing right after you wake up because otherwise, you are probably going to forget everything and that will mess everything up.

Most of us forget I would say 80% of our dreams, we only remember them when we wake up and after a couple hours, there is nothing left about that memory. This is why it is important to keep a dream journal, because by doing it you train your mind to remember more clearly what you dreamed, and by writing it on paper (or anything else) it's going to be there for you to read again and remember again if necessary. Everything is valid in a dream journal. You have to keep in mind that is it something that only you lived while dreaming, and the important thing is that you can understand what you are writing. Every detail is essential. 


And... why is it so interesting? or to be more specific, why is it interesting to me? Because I think we can have twice the time that we "have" if we manage to exploit the potential of our minds while dreaming (sleeping). Human minds are SO amazing. I don't have deep knowledge of human anatomy, but I know it's amazing and the possibilities are infinite. One can do a lot more than what we think we can. When dreaming we can experience different sensations, feelings, emotions, and basically anything that can be felt in any way. We can stimulate any of our senses: taste, smell, vision, hearing, and touch while dreaming, doesn't that just amaze you? You are not using your eyes to see, nor your nose to smell, but you can still see and smell different things that are certainly not in front of you. 


That is why. That is the story. That is the explanation. 


PS: I have a couple of feelings from dreams that cannot be explained or written, that I've been feeling from time to time since I was a little girl. Every time I feel something like that I put a lot of effort to make it last, and as I am "grown" now, I try to identify what they are and I try to find words to define them. (It's hard) 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario